Saturday, March 21, 2009

Happy Birthday Terry & Kara!

I'm actually jumping ahead in my blogging to catch up so I can blog about our recent Staycation (which is sadly coming to a close-boo!)

The weekend before our Staycation was full of birthday celebrations. On Friday 3/14, the Simon Family took me out to dinner to Saleems West (Lebanese food). We've been going to the Saleems in the Loop for several years and were sad when we found out that it had closed. However, I found on Sauce Magazine website that there was a new Saleems West location. It was a trek for the IL folks, but we all decided it would be worth it As we anticipated, the food was delicious! After dinner, we headed to Best Buy so Jake and I could make a purchase - a Wii! Of course that night we stayed up late playing games - complete with a sore Wii arm the next day!

In the Twenhafel family it is our tradition that Terry and I celebrate our birthdays together since his birthday is one day before mine. On Sunday 3/15, Beth and Terry had the family over for a birthday lunch. Beth made two different homemade lasagnas (regular version and seafood version). Both were fantastic! And mom made my favorite chocolate sheet cake and Pearl made Terry's favorite angel food cake. As you can tell, we had lots of good eats this weekend!

The Birthday Boy & Girl


Mia trying on Uncle Terry's new shoes


Mia reading Mommy's new book

No comments: