Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Week in Review

It has been awhile since my last blog and the Simon Family has been quite busy.  Last weekend our friends Angela and Jay were married in Washington, MO.  Jake and I made the trip while Mia stayed with Aunt Beth and Grandma Jan.  Angela is one the girls in my dinner club.  Since Emma moved down to KY last summer, I believe this first time all 6 of us have been together.  We all had a blast at the wedding.  And I hear Miss Mia was an angel while we were away (no surprises there!)  

On Sunday, Jake played with his dad and brothers in the ZLC Golf Tourney.  They were all very excited to play since they had won 1st place in the tourney last year (which incidentally was the day of my baby shower - my how things have changed in 1 year!)  Although the guys had fun golfing, they weren't able to keep their title of reigning champs.  But they did bring home a 3rd place finish.  Go Team Simon!
 



While the guys were golfing, Mia and I hung out with Grandma Randa, Christian and Aubree. The cousins had fun playing together!


Our week was busy as usual.  Both of our jobs are pretty stressful right now.  Jake's work is very demanding as his company is preparing for reviews with the client to determine if the contract will be continued.  This means lots of late nights for Jake, but at least they have given him a laptop so he can come home and spend some time with Mia (and me!) before he has to log back on for work.  As for me, Maritz has been going through a "re-structuring" period that finally culminated on Friday.  A total of 5 people from my department were laid off.  Thankfully I was one of the lucky ones that still has a job.  Sounds like my job really won't change much - although I'm hoping maybe some of the workload can be adjusted because I have a ton on my plate right now.  At least the stress of not knowing if I would be affected by the layoffs is over.  

This weekend was another fun one for us.  Friday night found us at Shenanigans in Belleville for a surprise 30th birthday party for our friend Angie.  We had a fun time catching up with our church friends that we haven't seen in awhile.  While we were out, Uncle Scott was watching Mia.  Since he lives in Belleville, it worked out great.  We dropped Mia off at Scott's and Grandma Randa and Papa Art came over to visit.  They had fun playing.  Mia really likes Scott's guitar!  After the party, Jake and I went back to Scott's and spent the night there too.  It was nice not having to hike back over across the river that night.  

Saturday took us in an entirely different direction.  Dawn and Dave had a luau themed engagement party in Foristell.  Now that's a hike!  We were practically at Mizzou!  The party was fabulous and Mia was awesome.  She looked like an Hawaiian princess in her Hawaiian dress.  She's just too darn cute!  

Now its Sunday night and once again it feels like the weekends pass by way too fast.  Hopefully this week I'll be able to keep up with my blog better...we'll see...

1 comment:

Angie said...

I want to thank you guys for coming to my birthday bash! I had such a fun time!!!! Can't wait to go to Dewey's!